How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?

  1. #1
    lionmark
    Guest

    How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?

    I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the
    current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an
    archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access
    their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current
    date. How do I stop this in Excel?

    I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to
    {CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel.

    Please help and thank you!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?

    have it do
    range("a1")=date

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?

    You can only do this through VBA. Try:

    Sub Workbook_Open()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"). _
    Value = Format(Now, "mm/dd/yy")
    End Sub

    ---
    Press ALT+F11, click on the module called "This Workbook",
    and insert the code. Press ALT+Q and save the workbook.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA