list box coding question

  1. #1
    chanchito_cojones
    Guest

    list box coding question

    Hi there,

    I have a quick question regarding populating a list or combo box based on
    certain criteria from another combo box. (if this is at all possible with
    excel..hehe). What I am looking for is the following:

    On one sheet I have a combo box. On the same sheet I would like to have
    another list or combo that populates itself with specific Cells from another
    sheet. The tricky part is how would i get the criteria aspect working? I
    figure it will have to be with VBA code, but even then how? If the first
    combo box has the word Clients, then the second combo box would only show
    the list of Client names (located on a different sheet within the same
    workbook).

    Any help, or at least a point in the right direction, is most appreciated.

    cheers

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: list box coding question

    Hi Chanchito,

    See Debra Dalgleish's techniques for Dependent Lists at:

    See also Bob Phillips web page on dynamic dependent dropdowns at:

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    chanchito_cojones
    Guest

    Re: list box coding question

    You Sir are a true gentleman. Thank you very much.
    =)

    news:%[email protected]...