Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell

  1. #1
    merlin_au
    Guest

    Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell

    Hi
    Hoping someone can help me, i know it's a really basic thing but i just need
    to know how to add multiple numbers to single excel cell. The spreadsheet is
    being used for a monthly sales report & i need to add the daily sales figures
    to each persons name in the report & have it auto tally each personal totals
    over the month.

    Thanks
    Tony

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell

    Hi
    for this you may have a look at SUMIF in the excel help. e.g.
    =SUMIF(A:A,"John Smith",B:B)
    totals all values in column B where column A is equal to 'John Smith'. You
    may also take a look at pivot tables for this

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hari
    Guest

    Re: Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell

    Hi,

    If u want to sum based on multiple conditions ( persons name, month etc )
    then check out SUMPRODUCT formula at

    Thanks a lot,
    Hari
    India