How to save Excel doc to CSV with quotations around each item. E..

  1. #1
    tnbanjoman
    Guest

    How to save Excel doc to CSV with quotations around each item. E..

    I need to save Excel 2003 docs to a CSV with quotations around each item.
    E.g., "Doe", "John", "123121234"

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to save Excel doc to CSV with quotations around each item. E..

    Take a look here:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textf...#csvwithquotes

  3. #3
    RWN
    Guest

    Re: How to save Excel doc to CSV with quotations around each item. E..

    Don't think you can without using VBA (but, believe me, I've been wrong before!).
    It will, however, insert quotes where required i.e. if a cell has a field delimiter
    (comma) in it.
    ex Doe,John (in one cell) will be saved as "Doe,John"
    vs. Doe John (in two cells) will be saved as Doe , John

    --
    Regards;
    Rob
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How to save Excel doc to CSV with quotations around each item. E..

    The Text Write Program, and Excel workbook with a macro that writes any
    sheet to a text file with lots of options, will do that.
    www.smokeylake.com/excel.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud