How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

  1. #1
    bmordy
    Guest

    How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    I need to quickly change many cells from a positive number to a negetive
    number.
    For example 20 to -20.
    What is the most efficient way to do this?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    In a blanks cell enter the value -1
    Copy this cell
    Select all the 'problem' cells
    Use Edit | Paste Special and specify multiply
    Now delete the cell with -1

    best wishes
    Bernard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    Enter -1 in an empty cell. Copy the cell. Select your data. Choose
    Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons.
    Click OK.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    mordy,

    Put -1 in a cell, select it, Copy. Now select the cells to be changed.
    Edit - Paste Special, Multiply. Now you can delete the original cell.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    In another cell put -1
    Copy that cell
    Select all cells to convert
    Edit>PasteSpecial and select the Multiply option.

    RP

  6. #6
    bmordhorst
    Guest

    RE: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    Works slick!
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I change a large number of cells from a postive to a neget.

    Looks as though Bernard has the fastest buzzer, Alex.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...