Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?

  1. #1
    Nicolle K.
    Guest

    Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?

    Example:

    Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal
    to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow.

    Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In
    other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have
    conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is
    involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace
    precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the
    formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional
    formatting dialog box? Is there another, faster way?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?

    Probably nowhere near the answer you are seeking, but if you use CFPlus
    (http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html), that has an
    option to highlight the ranges formatted with the tool. You can then click
    on the highlighted area to see the formula behind it.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?

    Not quite what you ask, but it's pretty quick...

    You can customize your toolbar to have an icon that shows the format|conditional
    formatting dialog.

    Tools|customize|commands tab|Format category (about half way down in xl2002).

    Drag that "conditional formatting..." icon/text to your favorite toolbar.

    Select a cell, click that button and escape to dismiss it.

    (Not really too bad.)