Excel Adding duplicated numbers together

  1. #1
    JJ Joobler
    Guest

    Excel Adding duplicated numbers together

    I am importing a .txt file from a portable data collector to Excel. I can't
    figure out how to get the program to recognize duplicated numbers in order to
    add them together. The .txt file reads like this:
    33110003,2

    The ',2' is the count from the .txt file but does not add other numbers
    together that are the same. So when I read the file on excel it looks like
    this:
    33110003,2
    33110003,4

    I want it to be this way:
    33110003,6

    Please help, thank you!

  2. #2

    Re: Excel Adding duplicated numbers together

    When you import the data, put each of those fields into its own column (comma
    delimited???).

    Then you could sort by column A and then Data|subtotal.

    Or even use a pivottable to get the totals.