why cant i change font size when i use conditional formatting?

  1. #1
    cbwindycity
    Guest

    why cant i change font size when i use conditional formatting?

    When I use conditional formatting in Excel, the font size is grayed out and
    the options for the border are limited to 5, none of which are the ones I
    need, is there a way to make more formatting options available?

  2. #2
    William
    Guest

    Re: why cant i change font size when i use conditional formatting?

    Hi

    When you are in the process of applying conditional formatting, you are
    looking at the regular "Format Cells" dialog box which is not a dialog box
    specifically for conditional formatting. Conditional formatting cannot
    change the row height or column width of a cell - hence the font names and
    font sizes are greyed out. Presumably heavy borders change the row height or
    column width.

    For more formatting options, you'll probably need to use code.

    --
    XL2002
    Regards

    William