Can I protect a spreadsheet from being deleted or moved?

  1. #1
    Dean
    Guest

    Can I protect a spreadsheet from being deleted or moved?

    I want to protect my spreadsheets from being deleted or moved to another
    location. Iss this possible to do in excel? I know how to protect different
    items withing the workbook and how to protect the workbook from being opened
    or edited, but people can still delete the file.

  2. #2

    Re: Can I protect a spreadsheet from being deleted or moved?

    I don't think you can stop the moving of files.

    And you'll have to talk to your IT people to set up a network share that allows
    only you (and trusted associates) to delete files. Tell them you do want others
    to have readonly access.

    If you want the other users to update this file, too (but not delete it), I
    don't think it can be done.

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Can I protect a spreadsheet from being deleted or moved?

    Only thing I can think of is some elaborate scheme of mirroring the file
    whenever it's saved, to a hidden secure location and auto-recalling it when
    your master workbook is opened if it has been deleted...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...