Can Someone Help Me

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Can Someone Help Me

    I think I posted this in the wrong place at first...

    I'm not really too swift with Excel, so bear with me, but what I'm trying to
    do is something like:

    if A1 is one through five than B1 displays 7
    if A1 is six through 10 than B1 displays 8
    if A1 is 11 through 13 than B1 displays 10
    if A1 is 14 through 17 than B1 displays 12
    if A1 is 18 through 20 than B1 displays 15
    if A1 is 21 than B1 displays 16
    if A1 is 22 than B1 displays 17
    if A1 is 23 than B1 displays 18
    etc

    Can anyone help me or tell me what this operation is called? Or share a
    formula that I can copy and paste. I think I accidentally posted this on the
    Access boards And they were very helpful, but nothing worked.. hehe

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Can Someone Help Me

    One way:

    =LOOKUP(A1,{1,6,11,14,18,21,22,23},
    {7,8,10,12,15,16,17,18})

    Although I'd recommend building a table and using
    VLOOKUP. It'll be easier to add values rather than
    extending the big formula above. For more info, check out:

    http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/vlookup.htm

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Can Someone Help Me

    Put this in B1...........

    =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<=5),7,IF(AND(A1>=6,A1<=10),8,IF(AND(A1>=11,A1<=13),10,IF(AN
    D(A1>=14,A1<=17),12,IF(AND(A1>=18,A1<=20),15,IF(A1>20,A1-5)))))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Can Someone Help Me

    Try this in B1:

    =IF(A1<1,"",IF(A1>=21,A1-5,IF(A1>=18,15,IF(A1>=14,12,IF(A1>=11,10,IF(A1>=6,8
    ,7))))))
    --

    HTH,

    RD