Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

  1. #1
    Michael Hoffmann
    Guest

    Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

    Hi!

    Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu
    items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to
    be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
    Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any
    more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?

    Thanks in advance,

    Michael.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

    Michael,

    This question was raised a few days back, in this thread
    http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you
    could try him for.

    RP

    news:%23%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

    I don't know what Windsurfer's solution is but, for the future, the way to
    go may be to delete the XL95 menuitems and use XL97's+ Commandbars object to
    build the menuitems when the workbook is opened.

    For deleting the old menus you can try the RemoveMenus download from Stephen
    Bullen's site:

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

    --
    Jim Rech