Need to resize a worksheet window

  1. #1
    Hasta Pasta
    Guest

    Need to resize a worksheet window

    I have Excel 2002, and need help resizing a worksheet window.

    My problem is with a worksheet window that, when minimized, is so tall the
    worksheet tabs cannot be displayed at the bottom (when it's maximized they
    show just fine, but I need to work with it minimized). Even when I move the
    worksheet window up as far as I can on the screen, I still cannot reach the
    bottom border to resize it.

    Is there a way around this?
    --
    Hasta Pasta

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest
    Hi
    Try grabbing the top border of the window then drag down as far as possible then move the entire window to the top again, repeat until you can see the bottom of the window.

    Hope that helps!
    Jean-Guy

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Need to resize a worksheet window

    Hasta,

    I think you mean restored, not minimized. The middle button. Restored is a
    variable-sized window. Minimized is just an icon (left button).

    Try resizing the window with the keyboard instead of the mouse.

    Alt-Minus(brings up document window control menu).
    s (Size)
    Up or Down Arrow (moves bottom or top of window, at its disgression, I
    think).
    Enter (to end sizing).

    You may also need to move it:
    Alt-Minus (brings up document window control menu).
    m (Move)
    Arrow keys move window
    Enter (when you're done moving it).

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Need to resize a worksheet window

    Ahhhh. Excellent translation. I couldn't figure out what was going on!

    Another option may be to just:
    Window|arrange|Tiled and resize manually

  5. #5
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Need to resize a worksheet window

    Dave,

    Yours is easier!

    Did I actually say "disgression?" I'm loosing it. Its awful.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Re: Need to resize a worksheet window

    Good think Debra (the outspoken member of the Canadian Quality Council) didn't
    get here before you caught your typo.

    (ps. Losing it. <vbg>)

  7. #7
    Hasta Pasta
    Guest

    Re: Need to resize a worksheet window

    Thank you for your sight, and correction on lingo.
    Hasta