URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

  1. #1
    marika1981
    Guest

    URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    I'm having serious problems opening a macro-rich spreadsheet created on a Mac
    on a PC. The file opens fine on the Mac with Excel 10.1.0, but it crashes
    Excel 2000 on a PC upon opening, even if the macros are disabled.

    Any ideas?? I'd be eternally grateful, as I'm in DEEP trouble if I don't
    solve this problem....

    Thank you so much......

  2. #2
    RWN
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Hopefully someone will be along to answer you but, if you need more help, there is a
    "microsoft.public excel.macintosh" ng.
    I've never had to go there but thought I'd mention it.

    --
    Regards;
    Rob
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    marika1981
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Thanks, Rob - I'll check it out for sure. Much appreciated

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Hmmm... the file formats for XL v.X and XL 2000 are identical, and if it
    was created on the Mac, there should be no macro incompatibility problem
    (at most, you should get a run-time error if you have macros that do
    file I/O, since the syntax of the file filter argument is different).

    It's possible that your file has become corrupted. If you have access to
    XL02/03, they have better ability to deal with corruption.

    If you don't, try Copy/Pasting everything to a new workbook.

    BTW, if you're still using XL v.X 10.1.0, you really should update to
    10.1.6, using the updaters found at MacTopia:

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx

    It's much more stable and has a few more features.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5
    marika1981
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Many thanks, but no luck at that site... still looking

  6. #6
    marika1981
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Thanks so much, JE - your input definintely helps me rule a few things out.
    I'll try your suggestions and, fingers crossed, things will work. Many,
    many, many thanks!!!

  7. #7
    Michael R Middleton
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    Actually, the appropriate newsgroup is
    microsoft.public.mac.office.excel
    on msnews.microsoft.com.

    - Mike

  8. #8
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: URGENT Mac/PC macro compatibility problem

    That's a deprecated newsgroup. Try

    microsoft.public.mac.office.excel