Why can't I unhide a hiden row

  1. #1
    JBurke
    Guest

    Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide"
    menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and
    resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks

  2. #2
    RWN
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected sheet).

    Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows?

    --
    Regards;
    Rob
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JBurke
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Yes. "Unhide" does show up, but when you selected it nothing seems to
    happen. The sheet is not protected, and I am selecting the rows above and
    below the hidden rows.

    That's why it's so puzzling to me. Thanks for writing back.

    BTW...It's Excel 2003 SP1.

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Hi J,

    I would guess that the row's height has been set to a very low size. Try
    resizing the relevant row.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Hi J,

    Another thought, how did you hide the row?

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Ahhh.

    I bet you're thinking: Data|filter|show all
    or some sort of unfiltering action.

  7. #7
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    Press F5 and type in a cell address in this particular row, so if it is row
    5 type for instance in A5,
    then do format>row>height and select 12.75 and press enter

    Peo Sjoblom

  8. #8
    JBurke
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I unhide a hiden row

    First, thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies.

    I was able to resize the row using Peo's suggestion, as I was able to just
    drag the row down to reveal it. The strange thing to me is that it won't
    function as it should - and has in the past - by just selecting the row and
    unhiding it.

    In answer to the other question, I just hid it normally by selecting Row -
    Hide from the menu. "Hide" works, but "Unhide" suddendly does not. It's not
    that I can't get to the row. It's just strange to me that I can't unhide it.
    This is a function I've used often and successfully for quite a while that
    suddenly won't work.