how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

  1. #1
    Khody
    Guest

    how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

    Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other
    words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has.

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

    Impossible, sorry.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Khody" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

    Unfortunately, you can't increase the number of rows. Versions 2002 and 2003
    have the same limitation.

    tj

  4. #4
    Howard
    Guest

    RE: how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

    However - the chances are that if you're trying to use more than 65,000 rows
    (or whatever) you'll not be entering these by hand - but by extraction from
    somewhere else.

    If that somewhere else is a database - leave the data where it is - and use
    Pivot Table/Olap cubes to give a drilldownable table. The database can
    contain way beyond 65,000 rows - and as long as EACH drill down does'nt
    stretch the 65k limit (which is quite likely in most cases) everything is
    fine.

    Having said all that - cmon Bill - isnt it about time Excel moved beyond
    that barrier? Moor'e law would suggest we should be having AT LEAST a million
    rows capability by now. (yes, yes I know - if you're using that much data you
    should be using a database anyhow - but I LIKE spreadsheets and dont want to
    leave home)

    Howard at work