[SOLVED] Restore default menus

  1. #1
    Luis
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Restore default menus

    For any reazon, the Excel Data Menu now is unavailable.

    What can I do to restore the default menu configuration in Excel XP?

    Thanks

    Luis

    ---

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Restore default menus

    Hi Luis

    try this,
    choose view / toolbars / customise - on the toolbars tab, click on the
    "worksheet menu bar" option, click the reset button.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Luis
    Guest

    Re: Restore default menus

    Thanks Julie, with the option that you suggest me, I was unable to restore
    the Data Menubar. And also, checking other menubars I found that in some of
    them I lost some controls. As an example, I don't see the Insert Row or
    Insert Column controls in the Insert Menubar.

    Wellcome more ideas

    Luis

    "JulieD" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
    news:#[email protected]...
    > Hi Luis
    >
    > try this,
    > choose view / toolbars / customise - on the toolbars tab, click on the
    > "worksheet menu bar" option, click the reset button.
    >
    > Cheers
    > JulieD
    >
    > "Luis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:%[email protected]...
    > > For any reazon, the Excel Data Menu now is unavailable.
    > >
    > > What can I do to restore the default menu configuration in Excel XP?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Luis
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Restore default menus

    Hi Luis

    when you did what i suggested - what happened? did you get an error message
    or just nothing happen?
    you also might like to try the detect & repair option on the help menu.

  5. #5
    Luis
    Guest

    Re: Restore default menus

    Hi Julie

    I don't know why a "Chart" menu appeared in the place of the "Data" menu and
    so, it blocked the visible and enabled properties of the "Data" menu.
    I followed all your instructions but nothing happened. Then, I decided run a
    VBA instruction, step by step and putting special atention in the menus
    behaviour. Thus, I realized that the "Data" menu appeared but then when the
    "Chart" menu appeared, the "Data" menu disappeared.

    As a taste, below I show the raw code that did the task: (excuses for
    language)

    Private Sub ReHabilitarImprimir()
    'Por si existiera algún error
    On Error Resume Next
    Hoja1.Range("k2:k" & Hoja1.Range("j1")).ClearContents
    'Para buscar en TODAS las barras (Herramientas ó Menús)
    For Each Barra In Application.CommandBars
    'Para buscar en TODOS los controles (Comandos ó Submenús)
    For Each Comando In Barra.Controls
    Debug.Print Barra.Name & "," & Barra.Type & "," & Barra.Visible
    Barra.Visible = True
    'Inicia un "bucle" de búsqueda (a través de una función "recursiva")
    Hoja1.Range("k" & Hoja1.Range("j1")) = Barra.Name & "-" &
    Comando.Caption & "-" & Comando.ID & "-" & Comando.Enabled & "-" &
    Comando.Visible
    Siguiente = AcentuarImprimir(Comando)
    '"Busca" en el siguiente botón
    Next Comando
    '"Busca" en la siguiente Barra de Comandos
    Next Barra
    'Fin del procedimiento
    End Sub

    'Función "recursiva" para "bajar" por los menús
    Private Function AcentuarImprimir(Comando As CommandBarControl) As Integer
    'Por si existiera algún error
    On Error Resume Next
    '"Inicializa" la variable del bucle
    Siguiente = 0
    'Para "afectar" sólo a Comandos ó Menús
    Select Case Comando.Type
    Case 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 13, 18 'Si es un botón de comando...
    Select Case Comando.ID '"Ver" cuál es
    Case 928, 3031, 860, 861, 2034, 862, 806, 863, 2521 ' 19, 21, 22
    'Si es "copiar", "cortar" ó "pegar"
    Comando.Enabled = True 'Lo "HABILITA"
    End Select
    Case Else 'Si es un Menú (ó Submenú)
    '... seguir buscando "más abajo"
    For Each Contenedor In Comando.Controls
    '... haciendo una "Re-Llamada" de la función
    Siguiente = Siguiente + AcentuarImprimir(Contenedor)
    Next Contenedor '(continuar con el "bucle")
    Siguiente = Siguiente - 1 '(regresar al bucle en el mismo control)
    End Select 'y ...
    'continuar "la llamada" a la función con "el siguiente"
    AcentuarProhibidos = Siguiente + 1
    'Fin de la función
    End Function

    Thanks anyway

    Luis

    "JulieD" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Luis
    >
    > when you did what i suggested - what happened? did you get an error

    message
    > or just nothing happen?
    > you also might like to try the detect & repair option on the help menu.
    >
    > Cheers
    > JulieD
    >
    > "Luis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks Julie, with the option that you suggest me, I was unable to

    restore
    > > the Data Menubar. And also, checking other menubars I found that in some
    > > of
    > > them I lost some controls. As an example, I don't see the Insert Row or
    > > Insert Column controls in the Insert Menubar.
    > >
    > > Wellcome more ideas
    > >
    > > Luis
    > >

    > > "JulieD" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
    > > news:#[email protected]...
    > >> Hi Luis
    > >>
    > >> try this,
    > >> choose view / toolbars / customise - on the toolbars tab, click on the
    > >> "worksheet menu bar" option, click the reset button.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >> JulieD
    > >>
    > >> "Luis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:%[email protected]...

    > > ---

    ---