Fixed grid reference, possible?

  1. #1
    Beta
    Guest

    Fixed grid reference, possible?

    I have an application where I need to point absolutely to a fixed cell and
    even if the content of that cell gets moved, still the pointer remains on
    that cell. As an example suppose I have 1 in the cell A1. Now in the cell A2
    I write =$A$1. Of course a 1 is the content of A2. But if now I drag the
    content of A1 to B1 the cell A2 now points to =$B$1. What I'm looking for is
    a way to have A2 still point at $A$2.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Beta
    Guest

    Re: Fixed grid reference, possible? correction

    I have an application where I need to point absolutely to a fixed cell and
    even if the content of that cell gets moved, still the pointer remains on
    that cell. As an example suppose I have 1 in the cell A1. Now in the cell A2
    I write =$A$1. Of course a 1 is the content of A2. But if now I drag the
    content of A1 to B1 the cell A2 now points to =$B$1. What I'm looking for is
    a way to have A2 still point at $A$1.
    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson