Excel Macro Question

  1. #1
    Guest

    Excel Macro Question

    I created a Macro in Excel using the macro record option. This macro does
    about 15 things to the spreadsheet.

    To explain my problem...

    I created a program in Access that downloads data to a table and then
    queries the table for certain information. I then created a macro that
    sends the query to an Excel spreadsheet. Once I open up the file in Excel
    it will prompt me whether or not I want to enable or disable the macros and
    when I select either option Excel crashes.

    I tried this on another computer and it said that the security level needed
    to be changed or I need a digital signature. I tried changing the security
    level but it didn't work. I'm looking into acquiring a digital signature
    (any advice is welcome) but still do not understand why my Excel file will
    not work.

    Can anyone answer this?

    P.S. I tried shortening the steps in my macro to about 5 different things,
    several different ways and the file opens and does NOT ask me to enable or
    disable the macro. Once open I run the macro and it works fine. Is there a
    problem with doing to much in a macro that may cause Excel to act like this?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Excel Macro Question

    You have another issue with the workbook.

    There is no limit to the size of macros realistically and there is no need
    to get a digital signature.

    You could try Rob Bovey's code cleaner at
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Excel Macro Question

    Hi

    an alternative idea is rather than transferring the table from access to
    excel, create a workbook in excel that imports the access table (data / get
    external data / new database query) hopefully you won't experience the same
    problem with the excel macro

    Cheers
    JulieD