Formating columns

  1. #1
    dbrumit
    Guest

    Formating columns

    Hi, I need help changing the column widths.
    Column A has a width setting of 15 for rows 1 - 30 but I want rows 31 - 35
    to have a width setting of 5

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Formating columns

    Columns cannot have different width in different row.
    If you want to make a table use Word (or wood!)

    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Have you thought about merging the Column A & Column B cells for rows 1-30?

  4. #4
    Gregg Riemer
    Guest

    RE: Formating columns

    It's cumbersome, but you can try the following: Set the width for Column A at
    5 and the width for Column B at 25. Then merge cells A1:B1 by highlighting
    these two cells and clicking on Format - Cells - Alignment and then checking
    the box next to Merge cells Repeat for cells A2:B2, A3:B3...A30:B30

  5. #5
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    The last post has the right idea, however to speed up the process, once you have formatted cells A1:B1 as merged, with the cursor in A1, click on the Format Painter on the toolbar (the paintbrush), then click and drag A2:B30 and release. All rows will now be merged A:B

    2nd option is to copy the merged cell (A1), highlight A2:B30, then Paste Special>Formats (Same result as above)

    HTH
    Last edited by swatsp0p; 01-10-2005 at 03:43 PM. Reason: additional information...
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  6. #6
    dbrumit
    Guest