Filter by month

  1. #1
    Marci
    Guest

    Filter by month

    Can someone please tell me how I can filter the following data to show me
    only specific months. For example, I want to find all data for the month of
    Jan. Thank You.

    Date
    Jan-01
    Feb-02
    Apr-04
    Jan-03
    Jan-02

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Filter by month

    Hi Marci,

    See Debra Dalgleish's instructions::

    http://tinyurl.com/4c4mv

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    William
    Guest

    Re: Filter by month

    Hi Marci

    Assuming your dates are in Column A, I would use a "helper" column. In an
    unused column, say Column J.

    In cell J1 enter the month number you want to filter on.
    in cell J2, enter the formula =Month(A2)=$J$1 and copy that formula down as
    far as you need.

    Then filter on Column J using the criteria "True"

    --
    XL2002
    Regards

    William

    [email protected]

  4. #4
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Filter by month

    Marci,

    The following macro will copy all entries on a sheet from the month of
    January to a newly created sheet

    Sub onlymonth()
    sheetadded = False
    For Each cl In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
    If Month(cl.Value) = 1 Then
    'Add a sheet
    If sheetadded = False Then
    Set shtnew = Sheets.Add
    sheetadded = True
    End If

    Set shtrng = shtnew.Cells(rowcounter + 1, 1)
    rowcounter = rowcounter + 1

    shtrng.Value = cl.Value

    End If
    Next