How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

  1. #1
    Rocky
    Guest

    How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

    I have a spreadsheet that has 3500 items and I like to check the column that
    no duplicate UPC code exist on the column. What is the simple way to do
    that.

    Thanks

    Rocky

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

    Rocky

    To tag/highlight the duplicates see Chip Pearson's site.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...gingDuplicates

    To create a unique list see Debra Dalglesih's site.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Using the 'countif' function then filtering on the top line to see if there are any numbers above 1 should help you find any duplicates

  4. #4
    Rocky
    Guest

    Re: How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

    I have tried the link you gave me it doesn't work.

    Thanks

    Rocky

  5. #5
    Alan Beban
    Guest

    Re: How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

    If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
    http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your file

    =COUNTA(A:A)=ArrayCount(ArrayUniques(A:A))
    will return TRUE if there are no duplicates, FALSE otherwise; assuming
    that you do not consider ok and OK as duplicates. If you do consider
    them as duplicates you can use
    =COUNTA(A:A)=ArrayCount(ArrayUniques(A:A,False))

    Alan Beban

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to check a column so that no duplicate number?

    That's unfortunate.

    Both links work fine for me.

    Gord

  7. #7
    Hi Rocky,

    Another option is to download an addin, The Duplicate Master, from my site @ http://members.iinet.net.au/~brettdj

    In this case it could be used to
    • List any duplicates on a summary sheet
    • Highlight any duplicates
    • Select any duplicates
    • List the uniques

    Cheers