Cannot open a shared excel spreadsheet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Kaj
    Guest

    Cannot open a shared excel spreadsheet

    I can not open a excel spread sheet that is shared on another computer. The
    workstation trying to open the file has office 2000 and the workstation
    sharing the files has office xp. When trying to open the file on the office
    2000 machine it comes up with enable macros, macros are then enabled by the
    user and the spread sheet comes up blank.

    This happens a majority of the time, sometimes it opens fine.

  2. #2

    Re: Cannot open a shared excel spreadsheet

    I think you're going to have to explain what blank means.

    Does it mean that the workbook doesn't open?

    Or that the workbook opens, but all the data is lost?

    Or that the workbook opens, but all the worksheets are lost?