Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

  1. #1
    Stumped
    Guest

    Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Gridlines not showing up even though checked in page set up. Any clues?
    Office XP.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Select the entire sheet and change the white fill colour to 'no fill'. That
    or the gridlines have been formatted to white.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike R
    Guest

    RE: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    You might also goto Tools, Options, View, and check "gridlines".

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Stumped

    Tools>Options>View. Checkmark "Gridlines" in Windows Options section.

    Or see Ken's post for background color.

    Checking gridlines in Page Setup is only for formatting the printed page, not
    the sheet itself.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    stumped
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    I have "checked" gridlines in the sheet page set up. I don't know where to
    find the colour fill option - tried each tool bar tab and could not find
    this????

  6. #6
    stumped
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    I did check this and gridlines were checked here as well. Another clue??

  7. #7
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Format / cells / pattern tab / select no fill option

  8. #8
    stumped
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    I did this. In the color box, it's autopopulated with "no color". When I
    click the pattern box, it drops down a box with color and pattern options. I
    don't see a "no fill" option to try. I did try clicking on the bland/white
    "color" option - but that didn't work. Anything else?

  9. #9
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    LOL - This is the point where I say send me a copy of the file if you can
    because it's bugging me now :-). Need to take the NOSPAM out of my email
    addy if you do.

    Just out of interest, this isn't an old Lotus 123 file that has been
    converted to Excel is it?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    <snip>

  10. #10

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Are you sure you selected all the cells on the worksheet first?

    ctrl-a (twice in xl2003)

  11. #11
    stumped
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    Nope - not a Lotus notes file. I was doing some more budget work today using
    all 3 sheets in the workbook, and in each hitting "gridlines" in page set-up.
    It worked just fine in sheet 1, but doesn't work in sheet 2. Very weird. I
    even tried rebooting, turning the maching off/on, etc. Just too weird.
    Thanks for your help and thoughts, however - I keep trying all of them!

  12. #12
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel trouble shooting - no gridlines

    You did use Mike's response yes - Tools / Options / View / Gridlines - on
    each sheet

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03