How to do a conditional formatting based on an adjacent cell

  1. #1
    Confused
    Guest

    How to do a conditional formatting based on an adjacent cell

    I want to conditionally format a cell if a different cell has contains
    certain data. I only know how to do this based on the selected cells
    contents. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How to do a conditional formatting based on an adjacent cell

    Format / CF / Change 'Cell Value is' to 'Formula is' and then use normal
    formulas with cell references.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to do a conditional formatting based on an adjacent cell

    To CF A1 when B1 is equal to "confused".......

    Select A1 then Format>CF>Formula is:

    =B1="confused"

    Pick a format and OK your way out.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP