can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

  1. #1
    Lexicon
    Guest

    can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

    hi - I've got lots of numbers to input - all of them are times. Does anyone
    know hoe I can input the times as hh:mm:ss without having to input the colon
    ( inbetween the numbers everytime. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

    See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    den4673
    Guest

    Re: can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

    I don't know if this is the quickest or best way, but try entering the
    time with a space or a period in between the HH MM SS, then when all is
    entered do a Search Replace (ctrl H) and replace the space or period
    with the colon.

    Dennis

  4. #4
    jbw92 - via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

    You can format the cell with the following custom code: 00\:00\:00
    Be aware that this is only showing as hh:mm:ss
    Example: typing 100 (or 0100) will show 00:01:00
    typing 10010 will show 01:00:10
    If you format the cell with 00\:00 it's showing hh:mm.

  5. #5
    Lexicon
    Guest

    RE: can you input time (hh:mm:ss) without having to input the colon i.

    Thanks everyone - really helpful stuff - I have now impressed everyone in the
    office!!!!!!