Adding a total row to a chart data table

  1. #1
    John Ortt
    Guest

    Adding a total row to a chart data table

    I have the following data in a chart

    Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6
    Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6

    Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row?

    I.E:

    Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12

    Thanks in advance,

    John

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Adding a total row to a chart data table

    You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you
    could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it.
    Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site:

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...able/index.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    John Ortt
    Guest

    Re: Adding a total row to a chart data table

    "Debra Dalgleish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you
    > could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it.
    > Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site:
    >
    > http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...able/index.htm

    Thanks Debra,

    I'll give it a try.