XL2000 - How do i change number base?

  1. #1
    Dropodwn
    Guest

    XL2000 - How do i change number base?

    I am trying to solve a problem that requires me to work in base 8 instead of
    the normal base 10. how do i change my excel sheet or cells to do that?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    Call up the Help and put Octal in.

    This will show you ways of moving between base 8 and base 10, for example. Look in particular at OCT2DEC and DEC2OCT. Excel will want decimal numbers to crunch, but you can 'translate' at each end of a calculation.

    If there are specific issues which this doesn't answer, come back with those specifics.

    Alf

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: XL2000 - How do i change number base?

    Excel only supports base 10 aside from a few base conversion functions like
    HEX2OCT in the Analysis ToolPak (Tools, Add-ins).

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...