colorfull sheet tabs

  1. #1
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Guest

    colorfull sheet tabs

    About two years ago, I had read in an excel NG that it is possible to make
    sheet tabs colorfull.
    Could you please guide me where can I find it? TIA Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: colorfull sheet tabs

    This feature was added in Excel 2002. It will not work in earlier
    versions. Right click the worksheet tab and choose Tab Color from
    the popup menu.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:O6sknoB%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Guest

    Re: colorfull sheet tabs

    Dear Chip

    Thanks for your comments. My Excel is not 2002 (it is 2000) so I can't use
    this feature.
    Isn't there any Macro to do the same thing?

    news:#lfpV1B#[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: colorfull sheet tabs

    Nope.

    Lots of (most???) macros just automate stuff that you can do manually.

    This is one of those things that MS put into xl2002+ to make you want to upgrade
    <vbg>.

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: colorfull sheet tabs

    Hi Rasoul,
    With Excel you can move the tabs around so that they make
    sense and with 2002 you can color the tabs so that they make
    sense. If someone were colorblind, that would put a dent in
    their usability. I think there are better ways of arranging
    tabs. Give them names that you can arrange alphabetically.

    You can sort sheet tabs with a macro. You can enhance your
    sorted arrangement by preceding the sheet tab with some less
    conspicuous small letters. i.e.
    k.FunctKeys, k.ShortCutKeys
    If working with dates for sheetnames, spell the year out and place it first
    2002-10, 2002-11, 2002-12, 2003-01
    See "sort sheet tabs" in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets

    additional information: