Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

  1. #1
    Katherine
    Guest

    Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut for when I want to edit a cell in Excel.
    Right now, I always have to double click in the cell in order to edit it.

  2. #2
    Press F2. This will put you in edit mode.

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    Hi Katherine,

    Use the F2 function key.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    Use F2

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    IanRoy
    Guest

    RE: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    Hi, Katherine;
    F2 (function key)
    Regards,
    IanRoy

  6. #6
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    <F2> puts you in the cell at the *end*.
    <F2> <Home> puts you in the cell at the *begining*.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

  7. #7

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    another option.

    Just select the cell, then click in the formula bar at the top.

  8. #8
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    And ... the title (subject) of the thread isssss ...?<bg>

    RD

  9. #9

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    But if the real question was to find a quicker way to edit a cell????

    Hence the "another option" preamble (preamble???).

  10. #10
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    I guess you could be right.
    Getting run over by a Zebra hurts just as much as getting run over by a
    horse, or as Peo once said, could also be a reindeer.<g>

  11. #11
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    For speed, a double click may be faster or slower than F2, depending on
    where your fingers are when you decide to edit a cell. F2 is certainly
    the right response to the subject line.

    Bill

  12. #12

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for double click in Excell cell

    I like clicking in the formula bar, since I can place the insertion point where
    I want to make changes.