What is the meaning of these pages?

  1. #1
    PuuhaPete
    Guest

    What is the meaning of these pages?

    I had a real trouble with my SW and sent my question here but obviously I
    will never get any answer?

    When browsing the other threads I noticed that most are including only the
    question, no andwers - are they all already dead if they are not worth of
    answering - should I also be?

  2. #2
    Guest

    What is the meaning of these pages?

    no. the person who has the answer hasn't read the thread
    yet.
    do you have a question?
    Post it and see.

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: What is the meaning of these pages?

    Hi

    doing a google search turned up a question that you asked on Jan 4 to the
    microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs newsgroup
    ---quoted---
    "The following error occurs sometimes in Excel-97;

    When trying to copy any selected area the error occurs:

    >The instruction at "0x30107369" referenced memory at "0xd0331e4c". The
    >memory could not be "read"<

    Since this error found first time and it continues on any attempt of copying
    and I haven't get rid of it - any ideas to solve this?
    --end quote---

    i personally do not read this newsgroup and i'm not sure how many people do
    (ie i'm not sure if it is still an "active" newsgroup), also if you don't
    receive an answer in the newsgroup it is possible that no one knows the
    answer. You need to remember also, that all the people who answer questions
    here are doing it entirely voluntarily for no renummeration of any sort and
    therefore really have no obligation to provide solutions. You might like to
    investigate the local computer repair shop / consultant type person who can
    a) see the actual problem, b) run diagonistics on the computer and c) has an
    incentive to fix it - ie money!

    However, having said that you didn't mention what you had done to try and
    fix it? ... have you uninstalled & re-installed excel?, have you run a
    diagnostic on your system to see if there is, in fact, a problem with the
    RAM in the computer? does it happen when you copy in Word? ... these are
    just some of the questions that spring to mind -

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: What is the meaning of these pages?

    Julie

    Great answer. Just a heads-up for all the group is still live, I know myself
    and Jan Karel answer quite a few in there.

    It is a tricky group as crashes are very difficult to diagnose, people post
    huge dumps of registers from Dr Watson, expecting that tells us something.
    (I suspect there are about two people in the world who know what that means
    and they are paid too much to frequent these groups), but as we also know
    also, there are many times when the software in which the problem is
    occurring is not always the culprit.

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England