Pivot Table combining multiple columns

  1. #1
    Pete Petersen
    Guest

    Pivot Table combining multiple columns

    I have 20 columns that contain the same information Column B through Column U

    Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
    Name of Customer Printer 1 Printer 2 Printer 3 Printer 4

    I want to combine all 20 columns to give me a count of items that are equal
    in all the columns and have the ability to expand out to see the customers.

    So in this case:
    Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
    Joe Blow Epson 7600 Epson 4000 HP 5500 C80
    Petey Pablo Epson 4000 Epson 9600 Epson X2 HP2000

    I would see the following
    Printers Count of Company
    Epson 4000 2
    Epson 7600 1
    Espon 9600 1
    Espon X2 1
    HP 2000 1
    HP 5500 1
    C80 1

    Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table combining multiple columns

    With your current data layout, you could use formulas to count the
    number of each printer type.

    To do this in a pivot table, you could rearrange your source data, e.g.:

    Name Num Printer
    Joe Blow 1 Epson 7600
    Joe Blow 2 Epson 4000

    To calculate the number, use a formula: =COUNTIF(A$1:A2,A2)

    In the pivot table, put Printer in the Row area, and Name in the data area.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List