Vlookup all in one

  1. #1
    Al
    Guest

    Vlookup all in one

    I have a database with dates in the first column and
    formulas in the rest of the columns to the left.

    How can i create a formula that will give me the date in
    the first column if there is data to the right of the date.

    Appreciate the help in advance.

    Al

  2. #2
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup all in one

    Hi Al,

    I'm a bit confused with your post but will take a stab at it. I will assume
    you have dates in the "first" column and I will call that column A. Now,
    there can be no columns to the left of column A so I will further assume you
    meant columns to the right as you indicated in the second paragraph.

    So, with dates in A and data in B, C and D, try this formula in E and fill
    down.

    =IF(A1<>0,B1&" "&C1&" "&D1,"")

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Vlookup all in one

    You want it to look empty until you type something in B:IV of that row?

    =if(counta(b1:iv1)=0,"",today())

    (format as a date)

  4. #4

    Re: Vlookup all in one