Excel crashes when opening excel document by double-clicking icon

  1. #1
    yasminejade
    Guest

    Excel crashes when opening excel document by double-clicking icon

    I already have one excel document opened. And when I open another excel file
    by double-clicking the file's icon, the excel program closed abruptly.

    Did anyone encounter the same problem, and solved it?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Excel crashes when opening excel document by double-clicking icon

    Hi YasmineJade,

    See a comprehensive post from Dave Peterson which may well assist you::

    http://tinyurl.com/6baew

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    yasminejade
    Guest

    Re: Excel crashes when opening excel document by double-clicking i

    Sorry Norman,

    I forget to give some important info. The problem I mentioned happened to
    opening a second file by double-clicking the excel file's icon.

    However, it's ok when the second file is opened by selecting file > open
    from the menu.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Excel crashes when opening excel document by double-clicking i

    Hi YasmineJade,

    I think that If I were experiencing your problem, I would try to reproduce
    the problem with other files, If I were unable to replicate this with other
    workbooks, I would tend consider that the file itself might be corrupt and
    I would endeavour to rebuild it.

    In any event, try Dave Peterson's suggestions. I know that these, and
    similar suggestions have helped many in the past.

    You can also look at Chip Pearson's detailed notes at:

    to see if that helps.

    Meanwhile, I wish you luck in resolving the problem.

    ---