Deleting Cell with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A+B

  1. #1
    Samshun
    Guest

    Deleting Cell with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A+B

    Deleting Cell with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A+B

    I am trying to create a copy of workbook with only formulas, but some cells
    exist wit
    =2+3 which I do Not wanted. How can I delete all of this in a single click
    (Not Individualy)

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Cell with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A+B

    If you wish to delete *all* numeric formulas,

    =A+B
    *AND*
    =2+3

    Try this on a copy of your sheet:

    <F5> and click on "Special".
    Then click on "Formulas", and make sure that
    *ONLY*
    "numbers" is checked.
    Then <OK>.

    You will see that cells containing numeric formulas are selected.
    Now, just hit <Delete>.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Samshun: I don't believe what you ask is possible (without VB code), as Excel treats =2+3 and =A1+B1 as "numeric" formulas.

    Plus, how can you tell whether a formula is numbers only (2+3) or an evaluation formula (A1+B1) that results in a number, without examining each formula? And what about mixed formulas (e.g. A12+2.75)?

    Sorry.
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  4. #4
    Samshun
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Cell with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A+B

    Thank you. Yes I can delete all as you said, But I only need to erase cells
    having formula with =2+3 Only but not =A1+B1