How do I freeze the widths of columns?

  1. #1
    SuzyR
    Guest

    How do I freeze the widths of columns?

    I'm trying to freeze the widths of columns so that when users of the
    worksheet are using it, they can't change the width. It's for editors who
    write headlines for specific areas that can only be as long as the column is
    wide or the text won't fit.

  2. #2
    Guest

    How do I freeze the widths of columns?

    One way is to right click on the cell, select 'format
    cells', select the 'allignment' tab, and select the 'wrap
    text' check box.

    The other way is to select 'format', 'column' and 'width'.
    This will not wrap the text but will keep the column at the
    width you specify.

    Hope this helps!

    Angelo

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How do I freeze the widths of columns?

    Suzy, how about just protecting the worksheet, you cannot change the widths
    then
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003