How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?

  1. #1
    kbschlepp
    Guest

    How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?

    I would like to do some calculations with my database but do not want the
    zeroes averaged in. Is there a way to eliminate all of the zeroes in my
    spreadsheet?

  2. #2
    This should do the trick
    =AVERAGE(IF(A2:A11<>0,A2:A11))

    Michael

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Edit | Find.... 0 (match entire cells only) Replace | Replace all

    Don't type anything on the Replace line. This will put a erase the contents of each cell containing 0.

  4. #4
    Sorry this is better
    =SUM($B$6:$B$96)/(COUNT($B$6:$B$96)-COUNTIF($B$6:$B$96,0))

    Hope it helps,
    Michael

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?

    Assume your database is called MyTable

    =AVERAGE(IF(MyTable<>0,MyTable))

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  6. #6

    How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?

    Create another column using logical formula, which
    eliminates cells with zero values. You can then use this
    column without the zeros. Say the values in the database
    column are in Column A and you want to eliminate cells in
    Column A with zero cell values. Enter =IF(A1=0,"",A1),
    say in Cell B1