how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?

  1. #1
    pb
    Guest

    how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?

    Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken.
    Can I create a QIF file from Excel?

  2. #2
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?

    You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might
    help:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...cel+to+quicken

    tj

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?

    Hi *pb*,
    See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php
    suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folder with your
    Quicken data. Backup the entire folder that contains qdata.QDF
    You should keep your data separate from the software,
    to make backup and recovery easier.

    The above and additional information concerning Quicken can be found
    on my stocks.htm page. Another program that might work for you is
    the QuickAccess utility by Habeeb see link on my stocks.htm page. ..

    The Quicken newsgroup is alt.comp.software.financial.quicken
    I think you will find that people there are business oriented like in the Excel
    groups so I would suggest you use your first and lastname so that people
    providing help will feel they are helping someone who is also willing to provide help
    to others in a newsgroup (any newsgroup) rather than just taking.

    Search Quicken support: http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/

    HTH,