Copying and Pasting in dialog boxes

  1. #1
    Robert
    Guest

    Copying and Pasting in dialog boxes

    I need to be able to copy and past long formulas in dialog boxes such as
    conditional formatting, and Excel won't let you. RRRRRrrrrr

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copying and Pasting in dialog boxes

    Robert

    Select the cell with the formula.

    F2 to edit.

    Enter an apostrophe at start of formula.

    Select the formula in the formula bar and CTRL + C to copy.

    Select the cell for CF and Formula is: click in the box and CTRL + V to paste.

    Delete the apostrophe in the box.

    Also go back and delete the apsostrophe in the original formula cell.

    May be easier way to do it. Keep watching.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP