How can I get Positive values only from the random number generat.

  1. #1
    Markw3700
    Guest

    How can I get Positive values only from the random number generat.

    I am generating a random group of numbers using Excel's add-in "Random Number
    Generator". I am using the normal distribution, but I want positive values
    only. I know that the test I am doing will work with the negative values I
    have generated, because the mean/stdev are correct. However, the activity
    for which the numbers are associated can never be negative, so my
    presentation will be less effective. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Jimbola
    Guest

    RE: How can I get Positive values only from the random number generat.

    You could use the randbetween function and specify a positive range i.e.
    =Randbetween(1,10000000)

    HTH

    Jimbola