use excel to input data into dbf

  1. #1
    akung
    Guest

    use excel to input data into dbf

    Pls advise how to use excel to input data into dbf

  2. #2
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: use excel to input data into dbf

    One approach would be to save your worksheet as a DBF file. Excel offers
    dBase II, III, and IV formats in the Save As Type drop-down box.

    Bill
    "akung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    Pls advise how to use excel to input data into dbf

  3. #3
    akung
    Guest

    Re: use excel to input data into dbf

    But I only want to input data record by record so no need to input the whole
    dbase
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: use excel to input data into dbf

    And why would you want to use Excel to input one record at a time? Don't
    you have a database program?
    Visual Basic.NET allows you to create a front-end in VB to do what you
    want easily.