Workbook Crashes Excel

  1. #1
    Val Mehling
    Guest

    Workbook Crashes Excel

    I am in the process of learning how to apply what I know about Visual Basic to
    VBA in Excel. When I attempt to open a particular Workbook I get an error
    message that says Excel "..has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
    down."

    Under Details I find:
    EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
    module VBE6.DLL at 01a7:65004f34.

    Some of the VBA Code is set to run when I open the Workbook.

    1. Is there some way to Disable the Code when I open a Workbook so I can look
    for the problem?

    2. I have a Hex Editor and a backup of said file. Is there anything I can
    modify so the file won't execute code when it opens.

    3. Are there any other options?

    Any ideas will be appreciated.

    Val Mehling
    valjm16@DELETE_THISearthlink.net

    XRL (Extreme Racing League) Info
    http://extremeracingleague.com/

  2. #2
    Colo
    Guest

    Re: Workbook Crashes Excel

    Hi Val,

    On the Standard toolbar, Click Tools > Macro >Security then set Security
    Level Medium.
    Which allows you to choose whether or not to run macros.
    After above setting, try to open the file.

    Colo
    http://www.puremis.net/excel/

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Cactus [???]
    Guest

    Re: Workbook Crashes Excel

    Put this line to VBA module first.

    Option Explicit

    may your VBA code too complex.

  4. #4
    RWN
    Guest

    Re: Workbook Crashes Excel

    Hold down the Shift key when you open the file.

    --
    Regards;
    Rob

  5. #5
    Val Mehling
    Guest

    Re: Workbook Crashes Excel

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:09:01 +0900, "Colo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi Val,
    >
    >On the Standard toolbar, Click Tools > Macro >Security then set Security
    >Level Medium.
    >Which allows you to choose whether or not to run macros.
    >After above setting, try to open the file.

    Colo,
    That did the trick. Thanks.
    Cactus & RWN - your input also appreciated.