define group of cells

  1. #1
    asd987
    Guest

    define group of cells

    Hello,

    Because of the lay out of my sheet I want to use a group of cells (d3:h8) as
    one textfield. Is there a possibility to configure the cells so I can type
    the text which is then displayed in the whole range (d3:h8)?

    Thanks,

    Sjoerd

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: define group of cells

    Merge the cells...

  3. #3
    swisse
    Guest

    RE: define group of cells

    Hello Sjoerd,
    If you want to define a group of cells select first the cells you want to
    define in a range, click in the Name box which is the box to left of the
    formula bar, and then type the name for that range then press Enter.

    Swisse

  4. #4
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: define group of cells

    I wouldn't merge the cells. That often creates more problems than it solves.
    Another way is to start typing the text in D3 down through D8. Then select
    D3:H8 and Edit/Fill/Justify. This will reformat the text to fill this area.