How do you delete filtered rows in an autofiltered list. The row.

  1. #1
    The Dunce
    Guest

    How do you delete filtered rows in an autofiltered list. The row.

    When I auto filter a spreadsheet, I can't figure out how to delete or
    eliminate from the sheet the filtered-out rows. So when I refilter the sheet
    with new items to get rid of, the old filtered items come back. I've tried
    copying the range to another file, but I always get all the old data in the
    new file.

  2. #2
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    RE: How do you delete filtered rows in an autofiltered list. The row.

    Select the rows you want to delete and click edit, delete.

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How do you delete filtered rows in an autofiltered list. The row.

    Select the filtered data, then:
    <F5> <Special>,
    Click on "Visible Cells Only", then <OK>,

    Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".

    Then simply navigate to an area of the sheet where there are *no* hidden
    rows from the filtering, and "Paste".

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    The Dunce
    Guest

    RE: How do you delete filtered rows in an autofiltered list. The

    Thanks Gary, but once you've filtered a spreadsheet, you can't see the rows
    you want to delete.

    At any rate, I think I've found the answer. An early post to this group
    asked a similar question. The answer was to hit F5. That gives you the
    select region choice. Wish I'd known this yesterday. I spent at least 5
    hours trying to figure it out.