Option Button on Forms Toolbar

  1. #1
    admannj
    Guest

    Option Button on Forms Toolbar

    I need help with the option button, please.

    I have the following on my form I am creating in Excel:

    Location: * Left * Right * Top * Bottom
    Size: * Large * Small

    (* indicats the option button)

    Excel has all 6 options linked together. I want people who use my form to
    select one "location" answer and one "size" answer. However, Excel is only
    letting me select one of the 6 options.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    AjOb1kenobi
    Guest

    RE: Option Button on Forms Toolbar

    admannj:

    Theoretically, the way I would handle this would involve a macro (I'm not
    sure you would want this approach).

    May I suggest an alternative?
    1. Instead of an 'Option Button' approach - use a combo box. The combo box
    requires an 'Input Range' (right click on the combo box, Choose 'Format
    Control', choose 'Control', and the put in an input range. The input range
    should be (e.g. A1 to A4 if the cells A1 to A4 contain 'Left, Right, Top,
    Bottom"). Then create another combo box using a different input range (e.g.
    B1 to B2 if the cells B1 to B2 contain 'Large, Small')

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Re: Option Button on Forms Toolbar

    I think I'd use the OptionButtons.

    But put each group of optionbuttons in its own groupbox (another icon on that
    Forms toolbar).

  4. #4
    admannj
    Guest

    RE: Option Button on Forms Toolbar

    AjOb1kenobi ... Thanks very much for your help.

  5. #5
    admannj
    Guest

    Re: Option Button on Forms Toolbar

    Dave Peterson ...

    Thanks very much for your advice on both of my posts. I will attempt the
    "groupbox" method.

    Thanks again.

    -a-