Text Size in dropdown box

  1. #1
    Randy Vieira
    Guest

    Text Size in dropdown box

    Is there any way to control the size of the text in a list controlled
    validation drop down box? I have quite a long list to shown and my text is
    microscopic. I've searched the group and didn't see anything.

    TIA

    Randy,

  2. #2
    Bob Flanagan
    Guest

    Re: Text Size in dropdown box

    Randy, I believe it is a function of the zoom setting of the sheet. Try
    setting the zoom to 100%.

    Bob Flanagan
    Macro Systems
    Delaware, U.S. 302-234-9857
    http://www.add-ins.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Randy Vieira
    Guest

    Re: Text Size in dropdown box

    I've tried that, and my text is more readable, however, my worksheet is then
    to large to view completely. Even @ 100%, the text in the dropdown box is
    smaller. I'm trying to modifiy an existing worksheet to select from a list
    so I'm limited on modifying the overall page setup.

    Randy,

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Text Size in dropdown box

    If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font
    size. There are a couple of workarounds here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  5. #5
    Randy Vieira
    Guest

    Re: Text Size in dropdown box

    Debra,

    I followed your advice and it seemed to work well until I tried to apply to
    more than one worksheet.

    Zoom in when any cell with data validation is selected

    The following code will change the zoom setting to 120% when any cell with
    data validation is selected.

    Dim rngDV As Range
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    On Error Resume Next
    Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
    On Error GoTo 0
    If rngDV Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
    Else
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = 120
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

    The second worksheet I applied it to never returned to the 100 zoom value.
    Could you tell me why and how to fix that? Also, (I don't know squat about
    VBA), can I have the code read the existing zoom level and return it to that
    instead of setting the active window zoom to 100?

    TIA

    Randy Vieira

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Text Size in dropdown box

    Randy,

    I've added more error handling to the code, which should solve the problem.

    Debra

    '=================================
    Dim rngDV As Range
    Dim intZoom As Integer
    Dim intZoomDV As Integer
    intZoom = 100
    intZoomDV = 120
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    On Error Resume Next
    Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
    On Error GoTo errHandler
    If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo errHandler
    If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
    With ActiveWindow
    If .Zoom <> intZoom Then
    .Zoom = intZoom
    End If