moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button

  1. #1
    bremboy
    Guest

    moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button

    in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse
    around in a worksheet, it highlights all of the cells i move across. this
    happens when the left mouse button isn't being touched, and i can't work out
    what i have done to do this. have already tried the f8 button, but this
    doesn't help

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007
    press the left and right mouse button, or laptop equivalent, at the same time, and it may go away.
    Regards

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button

    Is it a wheelie-mouse?

    Try depressing the wheel a few times.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    bremboy
    Guest

    Re: moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse butt

    yes it is so i will try that in future. resolved the matter by deleting the
    default workbook template, so it was recreated when the system was restarted.
    thank you for your help tho, much obliged