Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

  1. #1
    Jacktion
    Guest

    Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

    I have an excel file which completely disappeared while working on it.
    When I tried to close down the file I was asked if I wanted to save the file
    etc. When opening the file I am asked if I want to update it and pressing
    yes or no, a Book 1 file opens.
    I close the book 1 file and this leaves a blank Excel background. When I go
    to close Excel it asks me if I would like to save the changes to my file,
    even though nothing is there!
    My computer is free of viruses. Please help. Replies to
    [email protected]
    Thanks
    Jamie Smith

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

    Hi Jamie,

    Try:

    Window | Arrange ...

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jacktion
    Guest

    Re: Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

    Hi Norman

    That isn't the problem. I mean the whole file has disappeared even though
    the computer thinks it's there. The file had 10 different worksheets to it
    but all that opens is Book 1 with the standard 3 blank worksheets.

    When I close this down, and then close down Excel in total, it asks me if I
    want to save changes to the file, even though there is nothing there.

    Hard one hey. I am pretty experienced with Excel and this is a problem i
    have not seen before, of anything like it.

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

    Hi Jamie,

    Try:

    Window | Unhide

    ---

  5. #5
    Jacktion
    Guest

    Re: Workbook and sheets have disappeared but file can open

    Thanks Mate, you are a champion - worked like a treat.