Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

File error: data may have been lost.

  1. #1
    Michelle
    Guest

    File error: data may have been lost.

    What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an
    Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002
    in Win XP Japanese.

  2. #2
    Mark
    Guest

    re: File error: data may have been lost.

    Hi (konichiwa),

    if you cannot open the file, try this:
    open a new workbook.

    Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then
    okay.

    This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see
    what happens.

    It worked for me when file became unopenable.

    - Mark

    - mark

  3. #3
    Michelle
    Guest

    re: File error: data may have been lost.

    Hi, mark

    Thks for your suggestion but unfortunately it does not work for my case; it
    open file with funny characters.

    "Mark" wrote:

    > Hi (konichiwa),
    >
    > if you cannot open the file, try this:
    > open a new workbook.
    >
    > Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then
    > okay.
    >
    > This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see
    > what happens.
    >
    > It worked for me when file became unopenable.
    >
    > - Mark
    >

    > - mark

Closed Thread