How do I set up a formula with a check box?

  1. #1
    Russell-stanely
    Guest

    How do I set up a formula with a check box?

    I want to set up a formula on a worksheet using a check box. I want the
    formula to return a Value of "Pass" if the checkbox in the cell is checked,
    otherwise, I want the formula to return a value of "Fail" if it is not
    checked.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula with a check box?

    An actual checkmark is a pain to use - involves changing font.
    If an X will do, here is a formula: =IF(A1="X","Pass", "Fail")
    Excel is not case-sensitive so X or x will trigger Pass
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "Russell-stanely" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    insert your checkbox from the VB forms toolbar Right click on the checkbox and go to format control. On teh control tab go to cell link. Pick your cell to link to. Then when it is check that cell will read true and unchecked will read false.

  4. #4
    Gregg Riemer
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up a formula with a check box?

    Click on Tools-Customize and then check Forms to open the Forms Toolbar.
    Click on the check box icon on the Forms Toolbar and then click on the
    spreadsheet where you want the check box to appear.
    Right click on the check box and then click Format Control. On the Control
    tab, enter a cell address where it says Cell Link. This cell address you
    entered will then show TRUE if the check box is checked or FALSE if the check
    box is not checked.