How do I print all sheets of an Excel workbook from explorer?

  1. #1
    Dave Walker
    Guest

    How do I print all sheets of an Excel workbook from explorer?

    When I select print on an Excel (.xls) document in Explorer, or right-click
    Print an excel icon in Exchange, only the first sheet is printed. Is there a
    default I can change so that these actions print ALL (non-blank) sheets?

    (I know that I can open the document and Print all sheets from the Print
    dialog. I want to accomplish this printing without explicitly opening the
    document.)

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: How do I print all sheets of an Excel workbook from explorer?

    Hi Dave-

    The default in Excel is to print only the active sheet. I do not believe the
    setting for Entire Workbook can be set as the default. You might try printing
    the workbook from within Excel and Save your changes. I doubt it will take
    but it's worth a try.

    One other idea: Select all sheets in the workbook and then Save. When you
    close the file all sheets will remain selected and the default to print
    Active Sheet(s) should do the trick! You just have to remember to re-select
    the sheets any time you open the workbook for editing.

    Good Luck|:>)